I should play that song Don’t You (Forget About Me)…
I’ll admit, things have been quiet on the A.J. front this year. My first book came out in September, and then *crickets.* I hate that there’s been such a gap between books. Believe me, I’ve been writing. Unfortunately, not all writing is gold. I spent months working on a book that just wasn’t coming together. I don’t want to push something out just to have another book for sale. Quality, not quantity. I’ll give you all the details in an upcoming blogpost.
But let’s focus on the positive. And there’s so much positive!
- I am putting the finishing touches on a collection of short stories, which will be out this summer. All four stories take place in the Browerton Universe. Many of your favorite Out in the Open characters – including Greg and Ethan – will be making an appearance (and then some).
- Out in the Open will be getting released in paperback this summer, too. I’ve received quite a few messages asking about this. While I love e-books, there’s something to be said for holding a book in my hands, especially one that I wrote. The weight of accomplishment. Running your fingers over the cover model’s ridiculous body wouldn’t hurt, either.
- I have a new website, which if you’re reading this, you probably already know. Unless you’re reading this on Goodreads, which in that case, come over to ajtruman.com and check out the whole thing! I wanted to upgrade from my old blogger account into something a little nicer. This site will act as a home base for me and my books. And my blog, which speaking of…
- I’m going to be blogging on a regular basis. To be honest, I’ve tried blogging in the past, and I’ve never stuck with it. But I’m going to give this the old college try once again. Now that I’ve said it out loud, on the internet, where it will live forever, there’s no turning back. I’ll be posting about writing updates, about me, and about anything gay new adult, which is totally a thing.
- I’m revamping my newsletter, making it all purty. I promise not to fill your inbox with junk.* Subscribers will get sneak peeks at new books, exclusive content like deleted scenes and short works, contests, and other fun stuff. Not a member yet? Then sign up here.
I’ve never felt so welcomed.
I want to dive back into blogging and social media and connecting with readers because they were so welcoming to begin with. Thank you to everyone who read my book. Thank you for all of the emails and Facebook messages and Amazon reviews and Goodreads questions. I’m so grateful to be part of such a passionate community, and I can’t wait to get more involved.
Get ready, readers. This is all happening.
*I just realized how dirty that sentence sounded.
What would you like to see more of in author blogs? Do you enjoy reading both print books and e-books?